The ACT ATOD Workers Group is involved in the development, implementation, coordination, evaluation and promotion of key sector support activities for the ATOD sector in the ACT. The group identifies and seeks to respond to a range of issues relevant to frontline workers. The group continues to function as an essential component of the ACT ATOD sector governance and acts as a key advisory structure to ATODA.
The group implemented a workplan of diverse activities over the last 12 months with secretariat support provided by ATODA. Some priorities included:
- Informing ATODA’s capacity building and policy activities;
- Coordinating the implementation of the ACT ATOD Workforce Profile;
- Driving the identification of priorities related to increasing methamphetamine related harms in the ACT;
- Appointing and supporting a group member to participate on the ATODA Board.
The ACT ATOD Workers Group met on 3 May 2018, and are progressing work across a range of areas. If you would like to get involved, please review the information below and liaise with the Workers Group representative from your agency.
June 2018: Summary of Workers Group activities
The ACT ATOD Workers Group met on 7 June 2018, and are progressing work across a range of areas.
Activities / discussions included:
- Update on Karralika’s current and new programs, including a new youth service in the Eurobodalla region and Wagga Wagga area, and accreditation process
- Reporting on ADS’s development of a new model of care for the Court Alcohol and Drug Assessment Service and movement of staff
- Reporting on CAHMA’s and The Connections programs including outreach to the Early Morning Centre, peer-educator training sessions, the Deadly Yarning information and education sessions, and the Connection participation in the Radio Show.
- Promoting the available position at CAHMA for a Coordinator of the Connection program (https://mailchi.mp/25174af534f2/zcsw6c9lsv-2891861?e=[UNIQID])
- Reporting on the Solaris TC program including participant’s graduation, redrafting of the Treatment Program and new Karralika workers
- Update on recent and upcoming training opportunities including AOD Skill Set, IRIS training, Quitskills training and DFV for AOD settings Pilot training
- Reporting on the update of the ACT ATOD Services online Directory
- Update on the AOD Peaks Network Projects
- Update on the Grant Recipient Network Forum and release of the ACT Budget
- Reporting on the Service User Satisfaction and Outcomes Survey (SUSOS) implementation processes for 2018
For further information about the ACT ATOD Workers Group contact ATODA on email@example.com
- Thursday 1 February 2018
- Thursday 1 March 2018
- Thursday 5 April 2018
- Thursday 3 May 2018
- Thursday 7 June 2018
- Thursday 5 July 2018
- Thursday 2 August 2018
- Thursday 6 September 2018
- Thursday 4 October 2018
- Thursday 1 November 2018
- Thursday 6 December 2018
Please note that these meetings will be held from 12pm – 2pm.
The objectives of the Workers Group are to:
- Participate in the development, implementation, coordination, evaluation and promotion of key sector support activities including those identified in the ACT ATOD Strategy 2010 – 2014 (e.g. ACT Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drug Services Directory);
- Regularly identify and communicate a range of issues, including those experienced by clients, workers, and services and identify appropriate actions to address these;
- Actively inform and contribute to the work of ATODA, including representation on the ATODA Board of Management (e.g. policy submissions);
- Develop, monitor, implement regular workplans; and,
- Participate in evaluative and other reporting activities as identified.
The ACT ATOD Workers Group Terms of Reference outlines further details regarding the purpose, roles and membership of the group.
Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drug Association ACT
(02) 6249 6358