The ACT ATOD Workers Group is involved in the development, implementation, coordination, evaluation and promotion of key sector support activities for the ATOD sector in the ACT. The group identifies and seeks to respond to a range of issues relevant to frontline workers. The group continues to function as an essential component of the ACT ATOD sector governance and acts as a key advisory structure to ATODA.
The group implemented a workplan of diverse activities over the last 12 months with secretariat support provided by ATODA. Some priorities included:
- Informing ATODA’s capacity building and policy activities;
- Coordinating the implementation of the ACT ATOD Workforce Profile;
- Driving the identification of priorities related to increasing methamphetamine related harms in the ACT;
- Appointing and supporting a group member to participate on the ATODA Board.
The ACT ATOD Workers Group met on 2 March 2017, and are progressing work across a range of areas. If you would like to get involved, please review the information below and liaise with the Workers Group representative from your agency.
Activities / discussions included:
- Ted Noffs new Manager is Lachlan Dean and reporting on staff training opportunity and future recruitment for on outreach worker
- Discussing on improving engagement with the NMDS
- Reporting CRS is strengthening its the admission process
- Sobering Up Shelter’s new Manager is Mark Baldwin
- Reporting on the development by the Sobering Up Shelter of new exit packs and fact sheet targeting young men aged 18-30
- Reporting on Toora Women Inc programs
- Promoting CAHMA’s News from the Drug War Front radio show via 2XX now being available via podcast http://www.2xxfm.org.au/programs/news-from-the-drug-warfront/
- Reporting on training offered to AOD services including through the Qualification Strategy
- Discussing the Hepatitis A & B vaccination, availability and cost
- Promoting the new Hepatitis ACT resources and presence at the National Multicultural Festival and the upcoming Queanbeyan Multicultural Festival
- Karralika’s new Clinical Director to start at the end of March
- Promoting Gugan Gulwan’s Street Beat program supporting young people
- Reporting on the ACT ATOD Workforce Qualification and Remuneration Profile and discussion around the inclusion of a question on workers wellbeing
- Reporting on the roll out of Phase 2 for the We Can Program including training and distribution of NRT vouchers
- Reporting on the ATODA Board meeting and Executive Directors Afternoon Tea
- Discussion of the new e-cigarette information sheets developed by ATODA with input from the Workers Group available at http://www.atoda.org.au/projects/e-cigarette-information-series/
For further information about the ACT ATOD Workers Group contact ATODA on email@example.com
- Thursday 2 February 2017
- Thursday 2 March 2017
- Thursday 6 April 2017
- Thursday 4 May 2017
- Thursday 1 June 2017
- Thursday 6 July 2017
- Thursday 3 August 2017
- Thursday 7 September 2017
- Thursday 5 October 2017
- Thursday 2 November 2017
- Thursday 7 December 2017
Please note that these meetings will be held from 12pm – 2pm.
The objectives of the Workers Group are to:
- Participate in the development, implementation, coordination, evaluation and promotion of key sector support activities including those identified in the ACT ATOD Strategy 2010 – 2014 (e.g. ACT Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drug Services Directory);
- Regularly identify and communicate a range of issues, including those experienced by clients, workers, and services and identify appropriate actions to address these;
- Actively inform and contribute to the work of ATODA, including representation on the ATODA Board of Management (e.g. policy submissions);
- Develop, monitor, implement regular workplans; and,
- Participate in evaluative and other reporting activities as identified.
The ACT ATOD Workers Group Terms of Reference outlines further details regarding the purpose, roles and membership of the group.
Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drug Association ACT
(02) 6249 6358