Posted on the behalf of Odyssey House
Family Support Worker – Casual
7 Day Rotating Roster
ODYSSEY HOUSE PARENTS AND CHILDRENS PROGRAM
Odyssey House – Parents and Children Program at Eagle Vale offers a great opportunity in a stimulating work environment for a professional who is interested to work with recovering families within a long term rehabilitation service.
Odyssey House NSW is a multi site Alcohol & Other Drugs Residential service provider. Odyssey House’s framework is the Therapeutic Community Model.
Odyssey House’ services are designed to reduce harm associated with the misuse of alcohol and other drugs. The long-term residential treatment program at Odyssey House applies a comprehensive rehabilitation approach to alcohol other drugs and gambling addiction in order for personal growth to replace dependency.
The Odyssey House Parents and Children Program makes it possible for parents who are in the rehabilitation program to live with their dependent children. By living together as a family, the program teaches parenting skills and aims to develop a happy, healthy, self-supporting and resilient family unit that strives to break the cycle of problematic drug misuse between generations.
Only applications that address the selection criteria will be considered.
- Tertiary qualifications in Alcohol and Other Drugs Counselling and/or Social Work
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Provide support to families
- Knowledge of child protection act.
- Understand the impact substance misuse has upon a family unit
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to work night shifts on a regular basis
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current NSW driver’s licence
- Understanding of working within a Therapeutic Community Model
- Experience working with complex clients
This position is on a 7 day rotating roster which includes overnight stays. Salary is based on the SCHADS Award as part of an attractive salary package.
How to Apply:
- Address the above selection criteria briefly in your cover letter (max 3 pages)
- Include an updated copy of your resume
- Email your application to email@example.com by the closing date.
Closing Date: 2nd April 2018
Please note: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information call “Parents and Children’s Program Coordinator”, Melissa Eldridge on (02) 9820 9999, Monday – Friday, between 10.00am to 3.00pm.
The successful applicant will require a Criminal Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to starting.