Posted on the behalf of Odyssey House
HEALTH EDUCATION OFFICER
- 38hr week – Monday to Friday
- Attractive Salary Package on offer
- Various Sydney Metro Locations – Based in Redfern
Odyssey House NSW is a not for profit organisation that provides rehabilitation and community services to individuals with alcohol and other drug dependencies.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Health Education Officer to work across our Odyssey House NSW Community Services throughout the Sydney Metro area, this position is based in the Redfern Office.
- Recognised tertiary qualifications in health related field;
- Demonstrated experience in design, development, delivery and evaluation of health related promotion or education programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues affecting the health and wellbeing of people with alcohol and drug misuse that include harm minimisation principles.
- Demonstrated effective written and verbal communication skills, including report writing.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as a part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated experience working in partnership with local relevant services.
- Understanding of the principles of the Privacy Act and its practical implementation in service delivery.
- Knowledge of commitment to implement the principles of WHS, EEO and continuous Quality Improvement.
- Demonstrated abilities to work in an environment of constant change.
- Current NSW Drivers License
Successful applicants need to provide a current Criminal Record Check and a current Working with Children Check. This Full time fixed term contract until 30th June 2019 with a possible extension.
Closing Date: 9th April 2018
How to Apply:
Send your application to email@example.com
– Address the above selection criteria briefly in your cover letter (max 2 pages)
– Include an up to date copy of your resume
– Only applications answering the selection criteria will be considered