Posted on the behalf of Odyssey House
EXPERIENCED AOD WORKER
Odyssey House NSW
- Casual Position – est. 15hrs/week
- Work within the Macarthur Region
- Free onsite parking
Odyssey House offers a great opportunity in a stimulating work-environment for a professional who is interested to work with recovering individuals within a long-term rehabilitation service.
Odyssey House NSW is a multi-site Alcohol & Other Drugs Residential service provider who works using the Therapeutic Community Model.
Odyssey House’ services are designed to reduce harm associated with the misuse of alcohol and other drugs. The long-term residential treatment program at Odyssey House applies a comprehensive rehabilitation approach to alcohol other drugs and gambling addiction in order for personal growth to replace dependency.
- Tertiary qualifications in Alcohol and Other Drugs Counselling, Counselling and/or Social Work
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Provide support to residents within the program
- Understand the impact substance misuse
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Good computer skills
- Ability to work unsupervised and on any shift 24/7
- Current NSW driver’s licence
- Understanding of working within a Therapeutic Community Model
- Experience working with complex clients
This position is on a 7 day roster and is made up of days, afternoons, nights and weekends, this position will be required to work at both of our Eagle Vale and Ingleburn sites. Salary is based on the SCHCADS Award.
Closing Date: 29th March 2018
How to Apply:
- Address the above selection criteria briefly in your cover letter (max 3 pages)
- Include an updated copy of your resume
Please note: Only applications that address the selection criteria will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The successful application will require a Criminal Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to starting.