The Australian Government, through the Department of Health, has initiated seven major projects to inform the development, delivery and funding of alcohol and other drug treatment and support services, including those funded through the Substance Misuse Service Delivery Grants Fund (SMSDGF), formerly the Improved Services Initiative, and the Non-Government Organisation Treatment Grants Program (NGOTGP).
ATODA has developed a series of webpages to support stakeholders to engage with these significant parallel projects, all of which are seeking to inform the next funding round in 2015.
ATODA will seek to implement strategies to support ACT stakeholders to efficiently engage in these processes and acknowledges that there may be significant input required, particularly over the 2013/14 financial year.
The national projects include:
- National Drug and Alcohol Clinical Care & Prevention (DA-CCP) Project
- National Drug and Alcohol Mapping Project
- National AOD Workforce Development Strategy
- National Patient Pathways Project
- Quality Framework for Australian Government funded drug and alcohol treatment services
- Review of the Drug and Alcohol Prevention and Treatment Services Sector
- Tender Writing
At the bottom of each section is a box in red which outlines the current activities underway for ACT stakeholders. This information will also be communicated through the monthly ebulletin and the ATOD Specialist Executive and Workers Groups.
Last updated 16 April 2014