- Full time 12 month contract
- 38hr week – Mon to Fri
- Only minutes walk from Redfern Station
- SCHADS Award Level 3 Pay Point 3
Odyssey House McGrath Foundation is a not for profit organisation that provides rehabilitation services to individuals with alcohol and other drug dependencies.
This opportunity is for an experienced Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Admissions Officer to work within a small team for Odyssey House in their Redfern Admissions and Intake Centre.
- A tertiary degree in human services, or in the field of addictions or
- Certificate IV or Diploma in alcohol or other drug studies or
- Experience working in the drug and alcohol field &/or
- A graduate of the Odyssey House program or completion of the program
(with completion being a minimum of 2 years prior to applying for this position)
- Demonstrated understanding of alcohol and other drug dependency issues and the needs of clients seeking admission to rehabilitation services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of issues relating to dual diagnosis for clients seeking rehabilitation.
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS applications, data entry and office procedures
- Administrative experience in the area of client admission/intake or relevant competencies.
- Understanding of the ethics and issues related to client confidentiality.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to learn and support the use of, all process and procedures consistent with the therapeutic community philosophy of the Odyssey House McGrath Foundation.
Successful applicants will need to provide a current Criminal Record Check and a Working with Children Check.
Closing Date: 10th September ‘17
How to Apply:
– Address the above selection criteria briefly in your cover letter (max 2 pages)
– Include an updated copy of your resume
– Only applications answering the selection criteria will be considered
– Applications to be emailed to email@example.com