Odyssey House McGrath Foundation is a not for profit organisation that provides rehabilitation and community services to individuals with alcohol and other drug dependencies.
Odyssey House seeks an experienced alcohol and other drug professional to work with a dynamic new team to deliver the expansion of Odyssey House Community Services programs. These programs are non residential and will be located in the Central and Eastern Sydney region.(Botany/Mascot)
The Community Inreach Worker will provide support, assessment and care coordination to minimise the harm of alcohol and other drug use to members of the Central Eastern Sydney PHN region. The AOD Inreach worker will develop referral pathways between key stakeholders in the community and Odyssey House Community Services programs in the CESPHN region. They will develop cooperative and collaborative relationships with service providers, with a special focus on Aboriginal, CALD and LGBTQI community members. The AOD Inreach worker is required to work independently with support from the team and Coordinator.
- Full time fixed term contract until 30th June 2018 (with possible extension)
- 38hr week – Monday to Friday
- Central East Sydney Locations
- SCHADS Award Level 4 Pay Point 1
- Minimum tertiary qualifications in Mental Health or Alcohol and Other Drugs, or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience working with clients with alcohol and other drug issues.
- Demonstrated experience working with culturally diverse, complex, coerced and co-morbid AOD / MH populations;
- Demonstrated experience and competent in alcohol and other drug assessment.
- Demonstrated skills in written communication, including report writing, case notes and data recording.
- Understanding of the principles of the Privacy Act and its practical implementation in service delivery;
- Knowledge of evidence based treatment, harm minimisation, care coordination and support strategies;
- Knowledge of and commitment to implement the principles of WHS, EEO and continuous Quality Improvement.
- Successful applicants need to provide a current Criminal Record Check and a current Working with Children Check for paid employment.
- A current NSW Drivers Licence is an essential requirement for this role.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite
How to Apply:
Applications to be sent to email@example.com
- Only applicants that address and meet the above selection criteria will be considered for interview.
- Address the above selection criteria briefly in your cover letter (max 2 pages)
- Include an up to date copy of your resume
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Closing Date extended to : 5th July 2017