Odyssey House NSW is a not for profit organisation that provides rehabilitation and community services to individuals with alcohol and other drug dependencies.
They are looking for:
- Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Counsellor
- Family Support Worker (part-time)
Alcohol and Other Drug (AOD) Counsellor
- Full time fixed term contract until 30th June 2018 (with possible extension)
- 38hr week – Monday to Friday
- Central Eastern Sydney Locations
- SCHADS Award level based on qualifications and experience
The successful applicant will provide effective, comprehensive AOD assessment and counselling that is holistic and culturally competent. The person in this role will deliver educational and support groups in addition to working in an integrated manner with other agencies to meet the needs of the clients.
- Minimum tertiary qualifications in Mental Health or Alcohol and Other Drugs, or equivalent;
- Demonstrated experience working with culturally diverse, complex, coerced and co-morbid AOD / MH populations;
- Demonstrated skills in written communication, including report writing, case notes and data recording;
- Knowledge and/or experience responding to clients in crisis (e.g. presenting suicide/self-harm);
- Understanding of the principles of the Privacy Act and its practical implementation in service delivery;
- Knowledge of evidence based treatment, harm minimisation, care coordination and support strategies;
- Knowledge of and commitment to implement the principles of WHS, EEO and continuous Quality Improvement;
Successful applicants need to provide a current Criminal Record Check and a current Working with Children check.
NSW Drivers Licence essential.
Family Support Worker – Part Time
7 Day Rotating Roster
Odyssey House – Parents and Children Program at Eagle Vale offers a great opportunity in a stimulating work-environment for a professional who is interested to work with recovering families within a long-term rehabilitation service.
Odyssey House – Parents and Children Program makes it possible for parents who are in the rehabilitation program to live with their dependent children. By living together as a family, the program teaches parenting skills and aims to develop a happy, healthy, self-supporting and resilient family unit that strives to break the cycle of problematic drug misuse between generations.
- Tertiary qualifications in Alcohol and Other Drugs Counselling and/or Social Work
- Ability to work within a multidisciplinary team
- Provide support to families
- Knowledge of child protection act.
- Understand the impact substance misuse has upon a family unit
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to work night shifts on a regular basis
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current NSW driver’s licence
- Understanding of working within a Therapeutic Community Model
- Experience working with complex clients
How to Apply:
Address the above selection criteria briefly in your cover letter (max 3 pages). Include an updated copy of your resume. Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org by the closing date.
Closing Date: 18th October 2017
Please note: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For further information call Melissa on (02) 9820 9999, Monday – Friday, between 10.00am to 3.00pm.
The successful applicant will require a Criminal Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to starting.