Clinical Nurse Consultant
- 38hr week – Monday to Friday
- Attractive Salary Package on offer
- Various locations throughout South West Sydney
Odyssey House NSW is a not for profit organisation that provides rehabilitation and community services to individuals with alcohol and other drug dependencies.
This is an opportunity for an experienced Clinical Nurse Consultant to be an integral part of Odyssey House Community Services with a role focused on developing community detoxification in South Western Sydney PHN area.
Successful applicants need to provide a current Criminal Record Check and a current Working with Children Check. This Full-time, fixed term contract until 31st December 2018 with a possible extension.
Closing Date: 1st March 2018
How to Apply:
- Send your application with cover letter to email@example.com
- On a separate letter (max 2 pages) briefly address each point of the selection criteria
- Include an up to date copy of your resume
- Only applications answering the selection criteria will be considered
Current registration as a Registered Nurse with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Post graduate qualifications in Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) or Mental Health and/or 5 years minimum experience in the AOD field, recognised tertiary qualifications in health related field.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and/or experience in developing, initiating and implementing programs within AOD Withdrawal Services.
- Demonstrated understanding of evidence based, contemporary substance misuse and treatment practices in detoxification, AOD assessment and other AOD treatment interventions
- Proven ability to work in a team that has a multidisciplinary approach to the provision of service delivery with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite.
- Understands the evidence base underpinning community and non-community detoxification.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, networking, conflict resolution and negotiation skills to develop and sustain productive working relationships and partnerships with a range of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated skills in written communication, including report writing, case notes and data recording.
- Understanding of the principles of the Privacy Act and its practical implementation in service delivery.
- Knowledge of and commitment to implement the principles of WHS, EEO and continuous Quality Improvement.
- Current NSW Drivers Licence