The personal information collected via the site may include:
- The content of any electronic forms submitted via the site, requesting us to provide services or information, or subscribe to the e-Bulletin
- Information submitted through participating in an online survey; and·
- Any messages or comments submitted via the site or to email addresses displayed on the site, which may include personal information such as name, email address and telephone number.
Email addresses, names and telephone numbers provided via this site will only be used for the purposes and with the parties that are stated. This information will not be used for any other purpose, including insertion into any mailing lists and disclosure to any other party without the user’s consent.
Use and disclosure of personal information
The Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drug Association ACT may use or disclose personal information that we collect for purposes including the following:
- For the purpose that we have collected the information;
- Purposes related to our research, planning, product and service development, security and testing;
- Purposes connected with the operation, administration, development or enhancement of this website;
- Where we suspect that fraud or unlawful activity has been, is being or may be engaged in; and,
- any other purposes required or authorised by law.
When you browse or submit information to the Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drug Association ACT Website, the system automatically makes a record of your visit and logs the following information for statistical purposes:
- Your server address;
- Top level domain name (eg: .com, .net, .gov, .au etc);
- Date and time of your visit;
- Which pages were accessed;
- The time spent on individual pages and the site overall; and
- Which files were downloaded.
External Organisations’ Content
Organisations that have information available on the site are responsible for ensuring that all information provided to the Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drug Association ACT is up to date and accurate. Each Organisation is also responsible for ensuring that the information they provide is consistent with the law, particularly in relation to privacy, confidentiality and copyright.
Organisations should assume that, except for Statistical Information and Personal Information described in this Privacy Statement, all information they submit to the Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drug Association ACT Website will be made available to the public when approved for release.
As is generally understood for information that is published on the Internet, the Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drug Association ACT has no control over the use of any of this publicly available information by third parties and can make no guarantee against subsequent misuse of the information.
The Website, and materials on or associated with the Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drug Association ACT Website are protected by the copyright laws of Australia. Subject to this section, all rights are reserved by the Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drug Association ACT.
The Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drug Association ACT grants a limited license to reproduce the Website subject to the following conditions:
- The reproduction clearly identifies the Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drug Association ACT as the copyright owner (see below); and,
- Any reproduction is strictly used for non-commercial purposes.
Except as otherwise noted, copyright of materials created by, submitted and maintained by third parties are owned by that party.
Preferred citation for the site:
Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drug Association ACT Website. Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drug Association ACT. www.atoda.org.au [insert date accessed].
Links to other web sites are inserted for convenience and do not constitute endorsement of material at those sites or any associated organisation, product or service.
It is the responsibility of users to make their own decisions about the accuracy, currency, reliability and correctness of the information at those sites.
The Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drug Association ACT, inline with stated aims and objectives, reserves the right, to remove or modify any material that has been submitted or uploaded.
The Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drug Association ACT reserves the right to use, amend, reproduce, publish and transmit content including to third parties. Such reproductions may include organisational, but not individual, administration contact details i.e. email address, phone numbers, etc.