The ACT Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drug (ATOD) Workforce Profile Project examines workforce capacity and informs planning and development for the specialist ATOD sector workforce in the ACT. Every three years the ATOD sector participates in the Workforce Profile Project to contribute to the narrative that describes the workforce—roles, qualifications and remuneration—and informs professional development and retention strategies.
The Workforce Profile Project includes an Organisation Survey (completed by the Executive Officer from each ATOD organisation) and a Worker Survey (distributed to workers at every ATOD organisation in the ACT). In 2017, the Worker Survey includes a new set of questions to capture the wellbeing of ATOD workers, including overall physical and psychological health, quality of life; job satisfaction; stress; burnout; and therapeutic optimism.
The Workforce Profile 2017 is the fifth Profile of the specialist ATOD sector. Previous profiles were undertaken in 2006, 2009, 2011 and 2014. The profiles are funded by ACT Health.
For more information on the Project, download the Terms of Reference.
The objectives of the Workforce Profile Project 2017 are to:
- fulfil reporting requirements against the ACT ATOD Qualification Strategy on behalf of ACT Health funded and delivered ATOD services
- provide an overview of the characteristics of the specialist workforce
- examine the wellbeing of ATOD workers
- assess qualification and remuneration levels of workers
- examine recruitment, retention and professional development processes, issues and needs
- monitor the application of the ACT ATOD Qualification Strategy on remuneration and other conditions of employment
- monitor trends in the characteristics, capacity and development of the ACT ATOD sector workforce
- assess the sustainability of the workforce to meet future demands and challenges.
This report presents a profile of the Australian Capital Territory’s (ACT) specialist alcohol, tobacco and other drug (ATOD) sector in 2014.
This report presents a profile of the Australian Capital Territoryʼs (ACT) Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drug (ATOD) sectorʼs workforce qualifications and remuneration as at February 2011.
Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drug Association ACT
(02) 6249 6358