The ACT Alcohol and Other Drug Workforce Profile: Qualifications, Remuneration and Wellbeing aims to profile the specialist ATOD sector workforce in the ACT, and has occurred approximately every three years since 2006. The sixth Profile was conducted in 2021 and involved administering a Workers’ Survey (distributed to workers at each of the nine participating ACT specialist ATOD organisations), and an Organisation Survey (completed by a manager or executive staff member from each participating specialist AOD organisation).
The profile informs a more detailed understanding of the sector, effective representation for the sector, future development needs and helps the sector to target current gaps in skills, knowledge and satisfaction. These findings can also be compared over time to the results from the previous surveys. The wellbeing data collected in 2021 includes data on the impact of the 2019 – 2020 bushfires and the COVID-19 pandemic on the ATOD workforce in the ACT.
Previous profiles were undertaken in 2006, 2009, 2011, 2014 and 2017. The profiles are funded by ACT Health.
The appendices to the report can be accessed here.
The objectives of the Workforce Profile Project 2021 are to:
- fulfil reporting requirements against the ACT ATOD Qualification Strategy on behalf of ACT Health funded and delivered ATOD services
- provide an overview of the characteristics of the specialist workforce
- examine the wellbeing of ATOD workers
- investigate the impact of bushfires and COVID-19 on the ATOD workforce
- assess qualification and remuneration levels of workers
- examine recruitment, retention and professional development processes, issues and needs
- monitor the application of the ACT ATOD Qualification Strategy on remuneration and other conditions of employment
- monitor trends in the characteristics, capacity and development of the ACT ATOD sector workforce
- assess the sustainability of the workforce to meet future demands and challenges.
Download the ACT Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drug Workforce Qualification and Remuneration Profile 2017
Download the ACT Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drug Workforce Qualification and Remuneration Profile 2017 – Outcomes relating to workforce capacity and wellbeing
Download the ACT Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drug Workforce Qualification and Remuneration Profile 2014
Download the ACT ATOD Workforce Qualification and Remuneration Profile 2011
Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drug Association ACT
(02) 6249 6358