Alcohol Tobacco, and Other Drug Team Leader role with competitive salary and benefits
- Permanent Part – Time position
- Sobering Up Shelter, Ainslie Village
Working in Canberra’s only dedicated Alcohol, Tobacco and other Drug sobering up facility, you will be leading a team of elite drug and alcohol workers in providing non-judgmental and responsive services that assist men & women over the age of 18 who are under the influence of alcohol & other drugs to recover in a safe and clean environment.
They are currently seeking an ATOD Team Leader to oversee the operation of the Sobering Up Shelter.
The SUS ATOD Team Leader will be responsible for working collaboratively with the other team leader to oversee the day to day operations of the program, supporting and directing team members in their duties. He/she will also be required to meet regularly with the program manager as part of your coordination role. As a member of this team he/she will be required to attend professional development on a regular basis and adhere to the Qualification Standards of the ATOD sector.
What they offer
Rewarding opportunities exist for enthusiastic people seeking meaningful careers; helping people in the wider community in a diverse range of program areas. CatholicCare’s employment benefits include a generous salary packaging option, free parking, and professional development in a family friendly environment.
CatholicCare is a large welfare agency of the Catholic Archdiocese of Canberra and Goulburn. Our mission is to provide quality services to people by promoting healthy, inclusive communities through relationships, partnerships and collaboration while adhering to our values of Solidarity, Stewardship, Respect and Excellence.
The ideal person they are looking for has:
- Must have a Certificate 4 in Alcohol and Other Drugs or higher
- Qualifications and/or experience in related fields such as Nursing, Social Work, or community work
- Demonstrated understanding of Alcohol, Tobacco & Other Drug issues
- Knowledge of Alcohol, Tobacco & Other Drug services within the ACT and surrounding region and ability to liaise, advocate and refer to outside agencies on behalf of clients
- Demonstrated capacity for sound work organisation and effective use of time
- Sound written and oral communication skills
- Capacity to work as a member of a team and individually as required
- Demonstrated awareness of the relevant principles and practices such as EEO, OH&S, Confidentiality and Duty of Care
- Possess or be willing to obtain a current First Aid Certificate
- Basic computer literacy skills, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Outlook and simple databases
To undergo a National Police Check is also a requirement.
To be considered for this role it is a requirement to hold:
- a current drivers licence, and
- a Working with Vulnerable People Card
- Attach an updated resume
- Address each area above selection criteria in a covering letter (no more than 2 pages).
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will not be considered.
Please send applications to: Matthew Shaw, Administration Assistant.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone: (02) 6163 7638
For more information or to apply please visit:
See the Full Position Description
Closing Date: 25/08/2017
*Please note shortlisting and interviews will be ideally undertaken within two weeks of the closing date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
CatholicCare Canberra and Goulburn is committed to equal opportunity in employment, and encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, people with a disability and people from culturally diverse backgrounds.