The ACT Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drug Chief Executive Officers/Executive Directors Group is involved in the strategic development and implementation of key sector-wide activities for the ACT alcohol, tobacco and other drug (ATOD) sector in the ACT.
A meeting of specialist ACT alcohol and other drug service Executives convened regularly to support information-sharing at an Executive level, both between Executives of AOD services themselves, as well as between Executives and ATODA as the peak body. It provided a space for key issues of collective interest to be progressed, as well as a means by which external stakeholders provided information to Executives by invitation to attend an Executives Group meeting. The Group had both an operational and a treatment policy focus, including related to the international, national and local drug policy agenda, contracts and contract management with both the Commonwealth and Territory Governments, health service planning, and service costings.
Executives of specialist AOD services in the ACT met on 2 November 2020.
- Developments planned for the next implementation of the ACT ATOD Service Users Satisfaction and Outcomes Survey.
- The pending cessation of the ERO/SACS supplementation funding from Commonwealth health sources, quantification of cuts being faced by the ACT AOD sector and ATODA’s advocacy activities regarding this.
- Opportunities for AOD sector-led work on data and reporting, including related to outcomes measurement.
- Discussion of the next steps related to the AOD Safer Families Project, including an explanation of the deliverables, an update of the current situation, and discussion of the project plan submitted to the ACT Health Directorate.
- Update on the allocation of the AOD sector COVID-19 related stimulus funding.
- Discussion of ACT Health Directorate procurement planning processes and AOD sector engagement.
The ACT ATOD Chief Executive Officers/Executive Directors Group Terms of Reference outlines the purpose, roles and membership of the group.
Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drug Association ACT
(02) 6249 6358