The ACT ATOD Workers Group is involved in the development, implementation, coordination, evaluation and promotion of key sector support activities for the ATOD sector in the ACT. The group identifies and seeks to respond to a range of issues relevant to frontline workers. The group continues to function as an essential component of the ACT ATOD sector governance and acts as a key advisory structure to ATODA.
The group implemented a workplan of diverse activities over the last 12 months with secretariat support provided by ATODA. Some priorities included:
- Informing ATODA’s capacity building and policy activities;
- Coordinating the implementation of the ACT ATOD Workforce Profile;
- Driving the identification of priorities related to increasing methamphetamine related harms in the ACT;
- Appointing and supporting a group member to participate on the ATODA Board.
Summary of Workers Group activities – February 2019
The ACT ATOD Workers Group met on 7 February 2019, and are progressing work across a range of areas. If you would like to get involved, please review the information below and liaise with the Workers Group representative from your agency.
February 2019: Summary of Workers Group activities
Activities / discussions included:
- Reporting on Karralika’s program availability and updates on recruitment and student placement activities
- Reporting on Direction’s program activities and availability
- Update on Alcohol and Drug Services staff movements and program
- Reporting on Toora Women Inc.’s program availability, waiting lists and outcomes
- Reporting on Hepatitis ACT’s engagement activities via Education Officers and the planning for upcoming Multicultural Festival engagement
- Reporting on CAHMA program activities, training activities, volunteer program and website updates
- Update on Ted Noffs Foundation recruitment, staff team participation in recent training opportunities including multicultural training and program updates
- Reporting on CRS staff, program and services
- Engagement and 2019 scheduling for upcoming Qualification Strategy training: AOD Skill Set, Round 2
- Update on the Service User Satisfaction and Outcomes Survey (SUSOS)
- Update on the ACT ATOD Workforce Profile
- Update on the AOD Peaks National Projects
- Reporting on ATODA’s submission to the ACT Budget Consultation
- Release of the ACT Drug Strategy Action Plan
- Reporting on ATODA’s submission to the Drugs of Dependence (Personal Cannabis Use) Bill Amendment 2018
- Thursday 7 February 2019
- Thursday 7 March 2019
- Thursday 4 April 2019
- Thursday 2 May 2019
- Thursday 6 June 2019
- Thursday 4 July 2019
- Thursday 1 August 2019
- Thursday 5 September 2019
- Thursday 3 October 2019
- Thursday 7 November 2019
- Thursday 5 December 2019
Please note that these meetings will be held from 12pm – 2pm.
The objectives of the Workers Group are to:
- Participate in the development, implementation, coordination, evaluation and promotion of key sector support activities including those identified in the ACT ATOD Strategy 2010 – 2014 (e.g. ACT Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drug Services Directory);
- Regularly identify and communicate a range of issues, including those experienced by clients, workers, and services and identify appropriate actions to address these;
- Actively inform and contribute to the work of ATODA, including representation on the ATODA Board of Management (e.g. policy submissions);
- Develop, monitor, implement regular workplans; and,
- Participate in evaluative and other reporting activities as identified.
The ACT ATOD Workers Group Terms of Reference outlines further details regarding the purpose, roles and membership of the group.
Alcohol Tobacco and Other Drug Association ACT
(02) 6249 6358