In February 2018, ACT Health released a Draft ACT Drug Strategy Action Plan (DSAP) to selected NGO stakeholders for consultation. The DSAP is intended to replace the previous ACT ATOD Strategy which expired in 2014. ATODA was invited, by ACT Health to make a submission.
The ATODA submission reflects feedback from 3 stakeholder consultations on the DSAP (with participation from the ATOD sector, allied services, peak organisations and consumer organisations), the body of work undertaken by ATODA since its establishment in 2010 and the evidence base of the ATOD field.
This submission is divided into a number of sections with appendices and attachments:
- Achievements of Previous ACT Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drug Strategies
- The Context of the Draft Drug Strategy Action Plan
- Risks Associated with the Draft Drug Strategy Action Plan
- Engagement Including Consumer Participation
- Feedback on Specific Areas of the Draft Drug Strategy Action Plan
- Proposed Priority Setting Criteria
- Summary of Proposed Additional Actions
- Appendices: A series of appendices (1 – 14) with detailed information on each of the proposed actions.
- Letter to ACT Health regarding the request to reconvene the governance group prior to, and as part of, finalising the ACT Drug Strategy Action Plan (Attachment A); and
- An excerpt of the priority actions of the Draft ACT Drug Strategy Action Plan (Attachment B) to provide additional context to ATODA’s submission.