Posted on the behalf of Odyssey House NSW
FAMILY SUPPORT WORKER – Part Time
Alcohol and Other Drugs Rehabilitation Program
Odyssey House NSW Parents and Children Program
- 7 Day Rotating Roster
- Alcohol and Other Drugs Rehabilitation Program
- Free parking onsite
- Great Salary Package on offer*
Odyssey House NSW – Parents and Children Program based at Eagle Vale offers a great opportunity in a stimulating work environment for a professional who is interested in working with families recovering from Alcohol and Other Drugs within a long term rehabilitation service.
Odyssey House NSW is a multi-site Alcohol and Other Drugs Residential service provider. Odyssey House’ framework is the Therapeutic Community Model.
Odyssey House’ services are designed to reduce harm associated with the misuse of alcohol and other drugs. The long-term residential treatment program at Odyssey House applies a comprehensive rehabilitation approach to alcohol other drugs and gambling addiction in order for personal growth to replace dependency.
The Odyssey House is looking for a Part Time Family Support Worker to work in our Parents and Children Program, this position is based in Eagle Vale, South Western Sydney.
Reporting to the Program Coordinator, the Family Support Worker provides support services to children 0-11 and their parents who are in recovery from AOD issues and/or mental health issues.
The Odyssey House Parents and Children Program makes it possible for parents who are in the rehabilitation program recovering from Alcohol and Other Drugs addiction to live with their dependent children. By living together as a family, the program teaches parenting skills and aims to develop a happy, healthy, self-supporting and resilient family unit that strives to break the cycle of problematic drug misuse between generations. The Odyssey House framework is the Therapeutic Community Model.
The successful Family Support Worker will ideally have:
- A Tertiary qualifications in Alcohol and Other Drugs Counselling and/or Social Welfare related discipline
- A minimum of 2 years experience in either AOD, MH and/or child and family services
- Knowledge of trauma informed practice, how this is delivered.
- An understanding the effects substance misuse can have on child development and the family unit
- Demonstrated experience of working with children and young people and their family in a child protection context and knowledge of current child protection legislation
- Demonstrated experience of working with families in need of support services
- Demonstrated computer competence and experience using electronic case management tools
- The ability to work night shifts on a regular roster
- A Current First Aid Certificate
Please note: Only applications that address the above criteria within their cover letter will be considered.
To be considered for this role you will need to have a National Police Clearance and a current Working with Children check cleared for employment. Any current applications for the above must be complete prior to starting employment. The successful applicant will require a Criminal Record Check and Working with Children Check prior to starting.
You must also have a full valid NSW driver’s license. This position is on a 7 day rotating roster which includes overnight stays. Salary is based on the SCHADS Award as part of an attractive salary package on offer after a qualifying period*.
How to Apply:
- Address the above selection criteria briefly in your cover letter (max 3 pages)
- Include an updated copy of your resume
- Email your application to email@example.com by the closing date.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: 18th July 2018
For further information call “Parents and Children Program Coordinator”, Melissa Eldridge on 9820 9999, Monday – Friday, between 10.00am to 3.00pm.
Odyssey House NSW
- Flexible hours on offer for the right candidate
- Permanent Position
- Located in both Redfern and Campbelltown sites
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced candidate looking for an in-house Communications or Marketing role. Must have a strong understanding of digital marketing, social media, SEO and content creation.
If you are a more experienced person seeking less hours in the workplace and you have extensive experience within the Digital Marketing field, this role can be taken into consideration as a Part Time basis eg: 3 days per week.
The ideal candidate is a results driven, digital marketing generalist, who can turn their hand at any marketing related task with diligence and a high level of accuracy and enthusiasm.
- Degree in Communications or Marketing or related field
- Ability to work with content management systems, web analytical tools and media or search traffic tools
- Experience in maintaining brand standards
- Knowledge in web strategy approach
- Knowledge or experience with SEO and SEM
- Use of MS Office Suite (intermediate)
- Intermediate Desk top publishing skills required in Adobe Design Suite (Illustrator, in Design, Photoshop)
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years experience updating and maintaining website content
- Strong EDM experience, both design and execution
- Minimum of 2 to 3 years experience managing Google Adwords and Analytics
- A demonstrated ability to project manage a range of projects and effectively prioritise competing demands
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- High attention to detail and team player
How to Apply:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please apply by sending your Resume and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 18th July, 2018
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted