The Project has been funded in response to the 2011/2012 Non-Government Organisation Treatment Grants Program (NGOTGP) drug and alcohol related flexible funds and the Substance Misuse Service Delivery Grant Fund (SMSDGF) application rounds. These funding rounds highlighted the need to develop a package to support the non-government sector response nationally to the tender procurement process.
The project will develop a comprehensive training resource package for, and deliver workshops to, the non-government drug and alcohol sector. The aim of the resource package and workshops is to support and build the capacity of this sector in developing funding applications and grant tenders.
Project leaders: National Centre for Education and Training on Addiction (NCETA), on behalf of the peak bodies for the drug and alcohol non-government sector
Funder: Australian Government Department of Health and Ageing
Project duration: August 2013 – June 2014
As part of the project, NCETA will:
- Undertake a national consultation process with non-government drug and alcohol service providers, peak drug and alcohol sector bodies in each state and territory, the Department of Health, and other specialist organisations and individuals to ascertain expert advice, and identify gaps and issues to be addressed in the resource package.
- Develop and pilot a comprehensive resource package.
- The second phase of the project will be informed by the national review of Alcohol and Other Drug Prevention and Treatment services and may include national workshops.
Allan Trifonoff, Deputy Director (Programs)
National Centre for Education and Training on Addiction (NCETA)
(08) 8201 7511
An Expert Advisory Group (EAG) has been established to guide the project. The EAG will be chaired by NCETA and the membership comprises of:
- NCETA staff
- Representatives from each of the state and territory peak non-government bodies
- National Indigenous Drug and Alcohol Committee (NIDAC)
- Alcohol and other Drugs Council of Australia (ADCA)
- Department of Health and Ageing
- ATODA and the other state and territory peaks engaged in the project, 9 July 2013.
- ATODA and the other state and territory peaks engaged to discuss the project.
- ATODA participated in the first Expert Advisory Group meeting on 15 August 2013, chaired by NCETA.
- ATODA participated in the second Expert Advisory Group meeting on 5 September 2013, chaired by NCETA
- ATODA participated in the third Expert Advisory Group meeting on 14 November 2013, chaired by NCETA
- A Questionnaire for NGO AOD Services was disseminated to ACT stakeholders to inform the project in November 2013
ATODA participated in an Expert Advisory Group meeting at the end of January 2014
[note]ACT Status and Action
- ATODA is supporting the development of an evaluation framework for the project
- ATODA is currently reviewing draft project materials as part of the Expert Advisory Group, and will continue to participate in activities as required.
Last updated 16 April 2014