Workforce Development and Research Officer
- Evidence-informed, leading-edge peak association improving the health of the ACT community
- Workforce development and research focus
- 2-year contract to September 2023 (with the possibility of extension)
- Kaleen location, free parking available
- Full time position preferable
- Competitive remuneration including flexible working conditions
Join the ATODA Team
The Alcohol Tobacco & Other Drug Association ACT (ATODA) is looking for a highly skilled Workforce Development and Research Officer to join their Canberra team. The role will see the successful candidate work in close partnership with the Senior Researcher and Project Manager with the support of the ATODA team.
The role is diverse and varied with the candidate leading ATODA’s workforce development projects and providing research support to various alcohol, tobacco and other drug (ATOD) focused activities.
ATODA is a small cohesive team looking to preserve and enhance a productive and supportive culture. This is an excellent opportunity for exposure and experience in working for a community organisation committed to social justice and health equity.
ATODA is the peak body representing and supporting the non-government and government ATOD sector in the Australian Capital Territory (ACT). ATODA’s vision is a healthy, well and safe ACT community with the lowest possible levels of alcohol, tobacco and other drug related harms. ATODA works for better interaction and integration between alcohol, tobacco and other drug researchers, services, policy workers, practitioners, consumers and their friends and families in the ACT and region. ATODA leads and influences positive outcomes in policy, practice and research, as the peak body for the alcohol, tobacco and other drug sector in the ACT. Further information about ATODA can be accessed at www.atoda.org.au.
Benefits and culture
- Work that matters and has a visible impact in the community
- Competitive salary (dependent on knowledge, skills and experience) with salary packaging and leave loading
- Additional end of year leave provision plus birthday leave
- Professional development opportunities
- Collegiate and engaging team environment
- Immediate start available but not critical for the right candidate
The full position description inclusive of the selection criteria, specific areas of work and employee capabilities can be downloaded here.
Please send an email with a CV and statement addressing selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:50pm Monday 6 September 2021. Please use the subject heading “Job application: Workforce Development and Research Officer”. Statements addressing the selection criteria should not exceed 1000 words. Concise, compelling applications will be highly regarded.
Note that most interviews will be scheduled for Monday 13 and Tuesday 14 September 2021 (flexibility available for the right candidate).
Applications not conforming to the requirements outlined above may not be considered. Candidates are encouraged to speak with the Senior Researcher and Project Manager before applying.
For more information
Please contact Anke van der Sterren, Senior Researcher and Project Manager or Jeanette Bruce, Operations and Office Manager of ATODA ph (02) 6249 6358.